Monday, February 20, 2012

"Where Can I Go from Your Presence"

So...here I am at 2:49am and I just finished composing a hymn for my Music in Worship Literature class. We had to write at least three stanzas of our own composition to music already written. Mine is written to "What A Friend We have in Jesus" by Joseph Scriven, 1855.  :) The class is great and I have enjoyed the content very much. As my first test in it is on Wednesday, I may not love it so much the following day! ;) We shall see. In the meantime...here is my hymn...

"Where Can I Go from Your Presence"

Where can I go from your presence,
Heavens, seas or farthest lands?
Everywhere I hide you find me,
Even though I try my best.
If I say the darkness hide me,
Darkness tis not dark to Thee!
Though I’ve tried my best and hardest,
Still you find and watch o’er me.

I have faltered in my walk, Lord
Tested, tempted all the way
Now I see my sins and problems
How can I return to Thee?
Have you counted sins against me?
Wash my heart and make it clean.
Open up my eyes to see, Lord,
All that you have planned for me.

Lord, to thee I am returning,
From this world of toils and snares.
Fix’d my gaze on Thee most surely,
Humbled by the load I bear.
Grace? What is this gift you’ve given?
Grace to cover all my sins!
Ever still my constant Savior
Keep me, Lord within your hand!

Yahweh, Lord and great Redeemer,
In you I have found my rest!
You are my only Sustainer,
Never from you shall I turn.
When the wind blows, waves crash over
Sun shines down, and flowers bloom,
Never shall I be forsaken
Closer to Thee shall I cling!

3 comments: