Saturday, January 21, 2012

Let the homework begin!!!

"16 books..again?! You've got to be kidding me!" I felt like smacking my forehead as I looked at my roommate in class Thursday night. I laughed as she joined in, "I thought I was through with that! Oh well...lots of knowledge to be gained I guess!" Yes indeed, my semester has begun again and right now, I don't really care how many books I have. SUCH a weird feeling! lol.

This semester is off to a wonderful, wonderful start. My RA has a deep passion for Gay Ministry and Sunday night we went to "birthday dinner" and I listened to her share her heart for these people and how God is opening doors in her life for over an hour. I treasure moments people open up and share their passions, dreams, faults, weaknesses, and struggles; when all this is centered around discovering where God wants someone and where He is calling them, I feel like I've been given an insight into God's heart. God has established wonderful and incredible plans in us. Sometimes...those plans come with hardship and pain. Sometimes it's a clear shot to the target where He wants you. And sometimes those plans are like puzzles; we have the whole outline and some of the pieces, but we're not really sure where the other puzzle pieces go. God can use and will use us if we are willing to be shaped, molded, spun about and used. 

Later this week as I went to my classes I grew increasingly excited and increasingly...worried about my homework load. But I am so excited about the homework and classes. All the classes flow so good together. I am back in some music classes, which is so great and enriching. I learned some interesting stuff about hymns that is fascinating. According to the rhythmic meter, certain hymns can be sung to another musical tune. Example, in 8.6.8.6 meter, Joy to the World can be sung to Amazing Grace and vice versa. Cool!!! Three of my classes have a "Creative project" in which I will probably do some expressionist painting/music for and so I am excited about that. And I am in two women only classes! One is Ministering to Women in Crisis and the other is Women in Missions. They are great! So refreshing to get together with several women and study God's heart and direction for women in the past, present and ourselves. The Crisis class is fantastic for what I'm pursuing in life. God has been developing in me a love and passion for women, especially in crisis and I think this class is going to amplify that and equip me so much more. 


But...enough of this! haha...why do I love school so much?! I am excited to see what God has in store for myself and my friends this semester and my prayer is still that He breaks my heart for what breaks His, teach me patience, and to love people like He does. 

3 comments:

  1. Your heart is totally awesome. Love you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I treasure moments people open up and share their passions, dreams, faults, weaknesses, and struggles; when all this is centered around discovering where God wants someone and where He is calling them, I feel like I've been given an insight into God's heart."
    I completely relate to this!

    I'm so excited for you and glad that you're setting out for a great semester. If it looks hard, then I'm sure that means you're going to learn a lot. :) Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, some songs can be sung to other tunes...just imagine though, when a new friend asked me to sing a duet with her...it was Amazing Grace…but sung to The House of the Rising Sun. I could tell the older folk...yes, even older than I ,รถ , weren't happy with it. They had applauded the other songs we had done, but not that one!! I have enjoyed getting to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete