Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Adventures in Colorado!

       So we went with Discovery Ministries to Colorado on a scouting trip for leading wilderness trips out there with another ministry. It was an awesome trip and we got to do some incredible things!
We went rock climbing one day and that was a blast! Plus I got to see Pike's Peak from a distance!
Hello Pike's Peak!
Here are some shots of us climbing! Beautiful rock!    


     As we were driving around looking at Rock climbing areas, we also checked out 11 Mile Canyon, but didn't have time to climb. I also enjoyed taking pictures of the interesting flora and fauna! :) The first picture is Indian Paintbrush.We spent a whole day rock climbing and being shown some of the beautiful country. Colorado is gorgeous! we backpacked two days in Lost Creek Wilderness and that was a breath taking adventure! We hiked 17-18 miles in two days with 4 kids 10 years old and under! It was so much fun though!
So this is us right before heading out for a two day backpacking trip covering about 18 miles!
This is one of my absolute favorite shots! Panoramic!
     Robert and I at a beautiful overlook. You could see for miles up the canyon. So Robert's backpack was his dad's that he got when he lived in Alaska. Robert has used it and really likes it. So fun fact: those shorts I am wearing I've had since I was like a sophomore in highschool; they ripped on the trip. Thankfully I had a pair of jeans!
Me and my best friend!
   On the last day in Colorado, we were there a week, we went to Cottonwood Pass. We were going to go picnic at Cottonwood Lake, but due to the cold weather, rain, and the long hike, the kiddos weren't up for it. So we drove up to the pass. The picture of Rob and I was taken about an hour before the next. Storms roll in quick!
So this was at Cottonwood Pass at 12,126 ft! Incredible!
It reminded me of Scotland!
      These are some other pictures from our trip. Good friend Leah and I, some pictures from Bueno Vista, CO, the bike race that we watched in the pouring rain, Jake getting his arm patched, and a fairytale mushroom. This trip was super awesome and I am excited to see what God has in store for the ministry next! It was super good to get back home though after a week of high altitudes and adventure!
This was the highest Robert and I had been on land!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun....and exhausting!
    Cool mushroom!

    ReplyDelete